Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The end of an adventure, The start of something new!

Hey all.

Thanks to all of you who have been reading my blog and posting comments. The thought of getting new comments kept me gong through some lonely times on the road.

I am in the Hong Kong airport now waiting for my flight back to the US. This feeling is bittersweet. I am quite sad to be leaving my Asia travels behind, but I am really looking forward to a bit of familiarity in everyday life.

Replaying the memories of the last couple months feels like I am watching a Travel Channel Marathon rather than remembering experiences from my own life. I feel so lucky to have been able to collect those memories on my own. (Again, thank you to any of you who had a part in making it happen!)

I will post some more pics when I get back to Seattle.



Capping off a journey full of wonderful new experiences and rewards, I was fortunate enough to be in Hanoi for the first few days of my beautiful niece Ruby's life. My sister Julie had a little girl on the 13th of July. This was the BEST experience of my whole trip. Holding a newborn that is just hours old is a feeling to rival any other I have had in life.

Here she is with her proud Uncle Jeff!


I have been fortunate enough to meet my two nieces when they were just hours old. This is a trend I hope continues ans my family grows.


Congratulations Julie, Richard and Ruby!!


Ruby Louise Vander Burg 13 July, 2007

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your niece is beautiful!

I hope your journey home is a safe one. I must say that I will be sad not have your adventurous blog to read everyday. Thank you for taking the time out of your journey to give us a small sample of it, I enjoyed every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

When's the next trip Goup. Why should i spend my money when i have your great blog. Thanks for breaking up the monotony of my day.

And best wishes to Julie, Richard and Ruby

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! How wonderful it is to an uncle again. Congratulations to your sister Julie and her husband Richard.
xo Maelissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff she is beautiful

Mema

Anonymous said...

Great trip Fry.
Looking forward to the next one. And what a great way to document all the stories and places that you have been. Nice work, you did it and we are all looking forward to sitting down with you and chatting about some of those stories and the other ones that were censored from this blog. Cheers - welcome back.