Monday, July 9, 2007

HCMC

I mustered up some strength to got out of my hotel room and take a brief look at Uncle Ho's city.

The Reunification Palace is just around the corner from my hotel, so I decided to check it out. It was South Vietnam's "White House" before the southern liberation and reunification of Vietnam.

It is always interesting to see things from someone else's perspective.

After that I caved to some comfort food and got a burger at a place the Lonely planet recommended. I guess after being so sick, I just needed something familiar.

I am feeling progressively better and am very pleased by that.

Today I head out for Siem Reap and the Ankgor. I look forward to spending 4 days in the same place reading about the different temple sites.

I have not been able to take too many pictures yet, but I am sure I will make up for it!

Next stop Cambodia!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a kick, this is my third attempt to post a comment. I keep cllicking the wrong button as they are only explained in vietnamese. Prehaps this one will go through.

I am glad to hear you sounding better when I spoke with you on the phone. I too was scared when I didn't hear from you for two days because I knew you were sick.

Like Sharon said I am so thankyou for your wietnamese angel. Did you happen to get his name. I would like to thank him if I could.

Still no baby, Julie has set a deadline of thursday (almost 2 weeks late) as a time to consider inducement or c-section.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Vietnam moves on to Cambodia. Enjoy it over there as you could be one of the last vistors ever to see Angkor Wat like they know allow tourist to see (trample) the beautiful temples.
Enjoy.
-Jacques

Julie & Richard said...

Happy you are feeling better...how was the sunrise over Angkor Wat? Can't wait to hear from ya again. Love love..