Friday, July 20, 2007

Pictures and Stories I missed along the way: The Chocolate Buffet.

In Hanoi at the Sofitel Metropole there is a chocolate buffet with over 20 kinds of chocolate desserts. I went with my sister Juliemarie and Charlotte.


This was hysterical. We were like giddy little school children. It felt like I was doing something wrong.



It was so fun to see everyone's reaction when they walked into the place. It was the same as ours. Everyone suddenly became a ten year old in the land of Willy Wonka.

We finally composed ourselves long enough to take a picture. This is one place I wish I could have experienced with my sister in law...that would have been good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is my kind of restuarant. Everything that is chocolate sounds good to me. Thanks for the updates of your trip and it really was great being a part of seeing your travels daily. Take care, sharon

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed Fry.
It was a site for Richard and me (as it would have been for anyone) to see Jules and Nik at the Chocolate buffet. What made it more exciting was that we got there when it was 'supposed' to open because we had the Water Puppet evening show to attend.
Thus we were there along with several others and they were building the chocolate tiers and chocolate art --- as the chocolate vultures (I mean connoisseurs) hovered and then they announced the opening and it was as if everyone heard the same music.
You know that Bach's 5th / racing music...

And as everyone scurried to get the firsts prime pieces more and more arrived.

Then the smiles and the different tasting and more smiles.
It was great.
Glad that you were able to see and experience it too.

(Mean while Richard has a glass of wine and I had a Jamieson).